By using our site, becoming a WTSmedia member, using our other products or services, or otherwise providing information to us, you are accepting the practices described in this Policy.
This Policy applies to personally identifiable personal information, or "personal information," that we collect when you sign up to become a member, visit any of our websites (collectively, the "site"), or use or access our other products or services. It also applies to personal information we collect when you otherwise interact with us, such as when you make a payment, place an order, sign up for an activity, or contact customer service. This Policy also applies to personal information that we may receive from our partners and third-party sources.
Personal information under this Policy is personal information that we directly associate with a specific person such as the person's name, address, phone or fax number, email address, account information (e.g., member account, credit card information and online registration), online activities or other specific personal information. Our definition of personal information does not include "aggregate" personal information. This is information that we collect about a group or category of services or people that does not contain any personal information or from which we or our agents remove any personal information.
Collection of Personal Information
We collect personal information about you in the normal course of our business when you shop on our site or when you use our services or otherwise interact with us. Various ways in which we may obtain personal information from you are described below.
- Personal Information You Provide. We collect personal information that varies with your purchases, interests, and activities and what you chose to provide to us. We collect personal information when you sign up for, purchase, or use our products or services, when you sign up to become a member, or when you email, call or otherwise communicate with us. You may submit personal information with a job application or in your resume that you provide as part of an employment application process. We also collect personal information when you call or email our customer service representatives, when you pay for a service, or when you contact us about a product or service you have previously purchased. In some cases, the personal information we ask you to provide will be mandatory for purposes of participating in a particular activity or service. If you do not provide this personal information, your participation may be limited or prohibited.
- Automatically Collected Personal Information. We receive certain types of personal information automatically whenever you use our services. For example, when your web browser accesses our site, we obtain certain types of personal information, such as your IP address, the type of browser you use, and the page you visited before visiting our site.
- Personal information From Other Sources. We may receive personal information about you from other sources. For example, we may receive creditworthiness or other financial personal information when you fill out a job application. If a third party purchases a gift card or certificate to give to you, then we may receive information about you from the purchaser so that we can complete the sale and deliver the card or certificate. We may also purchase certain personal information from others to better inform you about our products, services, and offers that we think will interest you. This Policy applies to personal information we obtain from other sources as well as to any personal information that we add to or combine with personal information otherwise covered by this Policy.
Our Use of Personal Information
We use the personal information we collect for a variety of purposes; for example, to provide products or services, process and complete transactions, ship or otherwise deliver goods or services, respond to requests, make internal business decisions, evaluate available offers and make decisions about services offered, protect our rights or property, create products and services, anticipate and resolve actual or potential problems with our products and services, and inform you of WTSmedia products, services and offers that we believe you will find of interest.
Below are some additional, more specific examples of how we use personal information:
- We use your name and postal address to provide our printed catalog and other materials via the mail. WTSmedia sends emails about new product offerings, sales, rebates, and special promotions and general promotions.
- We use your billing and credit card personal information to process your orders for products and services, to deliver products and services to you, and to bill you for them.
- We may use your personal information to verify and validate your identity.
- If you submit a job application or resume to us, we may use the personal information in the application or resume to communicate with you and, subject to laws and regulations that govern our consideration of that personal information, to evaluate your qualifications for employment.
- We may aggregate information about your activities and services to help us determine your potential interest in other products or services.
- For marketing and similar purposes, we may use personal information to offer products and services from us or others. We also offer opt-out choices, which you may access by clicking on the link.
- We keep information as a record of our interactions with you. If you place an order or otherwise deal with us or our representatives over the telephone, we may record the conversation. Personal information referenced in the call may be recorded or entered into another media (e.g., a computer). We may also keep logs of online chat and emails we receive from you.
- We may provide notice of unauthorized access or other invasions of certain security systems, as required by law or otherwise. We may do so by posting notice on our site or sending notice to any email address we have for you, or by other means. You understand that notice to you will count as notice to others using your account or membership and you agree to pass this notice on to them.
- We may use personal information about you in an attempt to do any or all of these kinds of things: (i) prevent or investigate fraud, crimes, unauthorized use of personal information or the site, or economic or personal harm to anyone (including WTSmedia); (ii) facilitate product recalls; and (iii) to investigate, protect, defend, or enforce rights and property of WTSmedia or anyone else. In listing these types of actions where we may use personal information, we are not promising to take any such action and we will take or not take such action in our sole discretion.
- It is impossible to list every lawful use that we might make of personal information and the above examples are not intended to do so - they are only a general description and are for illustration.
Cookies, Web Beacons and Similar Technologies
We also allow collection by analytic service provider(s) of site click-stream and cookie data to help us track aggregate and individual use of our site and determine possible interests of users (e.g., if you read a site article about tents, during a subsequent visit we might present you with an article about maintaining tents). You can opt-out of some analytic collection by telling us to place a "Restricted Collection" cookie on your computer -- that cookie will not stop collection of aggregate personal information, but it should stop collection of information for purposes of determining your interests.
Some advertisers might use their cookies on our site or in their messages to you. If you click on an advertisement, a cookie might be placed on your computer. Examples of this are BizRate and Shopping.com. To find out how these kinds of companies tend to collect and use information or to take advantage of any opt-out opportunities they provide, visit their sites to see their privacy policies. We do not control these companies, and their practices and policies may change over time.
Access to Personal Information
We do not maintain all personal information in a form that can be accessed or updated by you and some items may not be changed (e.g., transaction records). Accordingly, we will determine what may be accessed and how; we may also keep a record of changes (including deletions) and disclose them for lawful purposes. We keep personal information for as long as we think is necessary or advisable and we reserve the right to retain it to the full extent not prohibited by law. We may discard personal information in our discretion so you should retain your own records. Often it is not feasible or advisable to discard personal information (such as commingled personal information), so we reserve the right to retain it but treat it as inactive or discarded. You may make a request for us to update personal information (that is eligible for updating) by contacting our Customer Service department via email, telephone, or mail; typically it takes us about two days to process an update request and we reserve the right to take longer.
Security of Personal Information
WTSmedia takes physical, electronic, and procedural measures to protect personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure while it is under our control. Even so, security breaches and mistakes can and do happen and we do not guarantee the security of personal information. WTSmedia employs Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt during transmission the payment card personal information you input when placing an order on our site. SSL is a commonly employed method of encrypted communication used on the Internet. Except for those transmissions, you should assume the site is not encrypted. Email communications and online chat are not encrypted, so do not include sensitive personal information in them. "Phishing," imposters, and fake websites are a fact of modern life. We have obtained Network Solutions™ digital security certificates for our site. Network Solutions™ is an independent third party that authenticates the identity of Internet servers and clients. By registering with Network Solutions, we provide a means for you independently to help determine that the entity you are dealing with over the Internet is actually WTSmedia.